Ted Danson, award-winning actor, longtime ocean advocate and Oceana board member, has accepted an invitation from Toronto’s business leaders to discuss how Canada and the business community can protect the world’s oceans. Danson will speak at The Economic Club of Toronto Tuesday, May 13, about the current state of the oceans and how overfishing, which has been accelerated by government subsidies, could lead to the permanent collapse of all commercial fish populations within decades if current trends continue.
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- No-Take Zones in Belize Could Rebuild Conch, Lobster, and Grouper Populations Posted Tue, July 29, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014