Ted Danson, award-winning actor, longtime ocean advocate and Oceana board member, has accepted an invitation from Toronto’s business leaders to discuss how Canada and the business community can protect the world’s oceans. Danson will speak at The Economic Club of Toronto Tuesday, May 13, about the current state of the oceans and how overfishing, which has been accelerated by government subsidies, could lead to the permanent collapse of all commercial fish populations within decades if current trends continue.
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014