Ted Danson, award-winning actor, longtime ocean advocate and Oceana board member, has accepted an invitation from Toronto’s business leaders to discuss how Canada and the business community can protect the world’s oceans. Danson will speak at The Economic Club of Toronto Tuesday, May 13, about the current state of the oceans and how overfishing, which has been accelerated by government subsidies, could lead to the permanent collapse of all commercial fish populations within decades if current trends continue.
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014