The crew of the Oceana Ranger had to take an impromptu break late last week when a wild bottlenose dolphin named Gaspar befriended Ranger's ROV.
Gaspar lives among the fjords, or "rias," of Galicia, on Spain's northern coast, and he is something of a local celebrity among the people there. His newfound friendship with the ROV has interrupted the crew's work, but according to what we've heard, everyone is enjoying the distraction.
- Ocean Roundup: Morbillivirus Strikes the Florida Keys, New Species of Snailfish Discovered in Mariana Trench, and More Posted Mon, December 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Photos: Christmas Island's Incredible Red Crab Migration is Underway Posted Mon, December 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014