Just in from the shameless self-promotion department -- MeeMix, a new free internet radio site, has taken an interest in Oceana.
From their blog today:
"MeeMix is thankful for all the good that's happened in the last 6 months since we launched our community beta. We've had a slew of new members from around the globe, positive press, a great redesign and awesome new features like Video Mode and Music Uploads. As such, we decided it was time to give back – shed some light on what our friends out there are doing to protect our planet and our friends in the sea.
MeeMix is now promoting the efforts of a super cool non-profit organization, Oceana.org. Oceana is working to protect the world's oceans and our precious marine life - including those on the endangered list – whales, sea turtles and more. Their international efforts are focused on changing governmental policy to protect fragile ocean environments, enabling us to live in a healthy, clean world for generations to come."
Sounds pretty good; MeeMix can be our (sound)wavemakers. The only question is, do they have whale songs?
[Image via www.privateline.com]
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014