Just in from the shameless self-promotion department -- MeeMix, a new free internet radio site, has taken an interest in Oceana.
From their blog today:
"MeeMix is thankful for all the good that's happened in the last 6 months since we launched our community beta. We've had a slew of new members from around the globe, positive press, a great redesign and awesome new features like Video Mode and Music Uploads. As such, we decided it was time to give back – shed some light on what our friends out there are doing to protect our planet and our friends in the sea.
MeeMix is now promoting the efforts of a super cool non-profit organization, Oceana.org. Oceana is working to protect the world's oceans and our precious marine life - including those on the endangered list – whales, sea turtles and more. Their international efforts are focused on changing governmental policy to protect fragile ocean environments, enabling us to live in a healthy, clean world for generations to come."
Sounds pretty good; MeeMix can be our (sound)wavemakers. The only question is, do they have whale songs?
[Image via www.privateline.com]
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: Cape Cod Embraces Shark Spottings, Rare White Southern Right Whale Calf Spotted off Australia, and More Posted Tue, July 29, 2014