If you are like me, you like the oceans. You also like lemon-lime Gatorade, sunsets, and a website called the Daily Puppy. Oh, and you also like the pomp and circumstance of award shows. So guess who's just been nominated for his 13th Emmy? The one and only actor and Oceana board member Mr. Ted Danson.
Ted has brought home two Emmys already, and his depiction as the, well, evil Arthur Frobisher on the television show Damages -- one of the first basic cable shows to be nominated for an Emmy -- is sure to land him a third in his first nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
I know, I know, the Emmy is not the Ted Danson Ocean Hero Award or the Partners Award that were last given out to Oceana board member Dr. Daniel Pauly and former vice president Al Gore, respectively, but the Emmy is nothing to sneeze at… just ask Susan Lucci.
[Image via www.collider.com]
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014