If you are like me, you like the oceans. You also like lemon-lime Gatorade, sunsets, and a website called the Daily Puppy. Oh, and you also like the pomp and circumstance of award shows. So guess who's just been nominated for his 13th Emmy? The one and only actor and Oceana board member Mr. Ted Danson.
Ted has brought home two Emmys already, and his depiction as the, well, evil Arthur Frobisher on the television show Damages -- one of the first basic cable shows to be nominated for an Emmy -- is sure to land him a third in his first nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
I know, I know, the Emmy is not the Ted Danson Ocean Hero Award or the Partners Award that were last given out to Oceana board member Dr. Daniel Pauly and former vice president Al Gore, respectively, but the Emmy is nothing to sneeze at… just ask Susan Lucci.
[Image via www.collider.com]
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014