Amber Valletta, model, actress, and official spokesperson for Oceana's Stop Seafood Contamination Campaign, is featured in the September issue of Shape magazine. After a close friend was told by her doctor to avoid getting pregnant because of the dangerous amount of mercury in her blood, Amber was inspired to get involved with us.
And check out her recipe for shrimp with pasta -- using U.S. farmed shrimp, not the imported stuff, which is often caught using bottom trawls and can ruin life-supporting ecosystems such as mangroves. (Find out more about shrimp and other seafood on the Guide to Ocean Friendly Seafood)
And as if that wasn't enough Oceana glamour for one month, Amber also modeled for a spread in the September issue of Vogue, which includes a chic photo with her husband and son at a seafood counter.
[Image: Shape Magazine]
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014