Amber Valletta, model, actress, and official spokesperson for Oceana's Stop Seafood Contamination Campaign, is featured in the September issue of Shape magazine. After a close friend was told by her doctor to avoid getting pregnant because of the dangerous amount of mercury in her blood, Amber was inspired to get involved with us.
And check out her recipe for shrimp with pasta -- using U.S. farmed shrimp, not the imported stuff, which is often caught using bottom trawls and can ruin life-supporting ecosystems such as mangroves. (Find out more about shrimp and other seafood on the Guide to Ocean Friendly Seafood)
And as if that wasn't enough Oceana glamour for one month, Amber also modeled for a spread in the September issue of Vogue, which includes a chic photo with her husband and son at a seafood counter.
[Image: Shape Magazine]
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014