Amber Valletta, model, actress, and official spokesperson for Oceana's Stop Seafood Contamination Campaign, is featured in the September issue of Shape magazine. After a close friend was told by her doctor to avoid getting pregnant because of the dangerous amount of mercury in her blood, Amber was inspired to get involved with us.
And check out her recipe for shrimp with pasta -- using U.S. farmed shrimp, not the imported stuff, which is often caught using bottom trawls and can ruin life-supporting ecosystems such as mangroves. (Find out more about shrimp and other seafood on the Guide to Ocean Friendly Seafood)
And as if that wasn't enough Oceana glamour for one month, Amber also modeled for a spread in the September issue of Vogue, which includes a chic photo with her husband and son at a seafood counter.
[Image: Shape Magazine]
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013