Amber Valletta, model, actress, and official spokesperson for Oceana's Stop Seafood Contamination Campaign, is featured in the September issue of Shape magazine. After a close friend was told by her doctor to avoid getting pregnant because of the dangerous amount of mercury in her blood, Amber was inspired to get involved with us.
And check out her recipe for shrimp with pasta -- using U.S. farmed shrimp, not the imported stuff, which is often caught using bottom trawls and can ruin life-supporting ecosystems such as mangroves. (Find out more about shrimp and other seafood on the Guide to Ocean Friendly Seafood)
And as if that wasn't enough Oceana glamour for one month, Amber also modeled for a spread in the September issue of Vogue, which includes a chic photo with her husband and son at a seafood counter.
[Image: Shape Magazine]
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014