Occasionally I write a "Friday Victories" blog -- if there's some particularly good news to report. Unfortunately, today's not one of those occasions.
Unless it's a victory for climate change, that is. With three weeks of the melting season to go, this year's Arctic ice pack is the second smallest ever recorded on satellite.
So chances are, in a few weeks, I'll be writing another blog reporting that the ice has shrunk even smaller than last year, claiming the record.
[Image via www.smh.com.au]
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014