I know you have an old computer monitor lying around, or an Ikea coffee table you're sick of, or an old VHS collection that's gathering dust and making you feel old. Instead of turning to your friend Craig and his fabulous list, try out the recently launched Remarkd -- It's like craigslist or e-bay... with warm fuzzies.
On Remarkd you post things for sale, and then you donate a portion to the cause of your choice -- more specifically, US!
What a bright idea!
And here's another way to be a do-gooder, while we're at it -- there's a new magazine on the stands, and it's Positively Green. It has helpful features on how to eco-fy every aspect of your life. And the best part? With every subscription they donate $2 to the charity of your choice (again, *coughOceanacough*)
So spend a day getting rid of your old stuff, then sit back and relax with your new favorite mag...
[Image via flickr.com]
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Scientists Call for “Bold” Action on Overfishing, Shipping Company Pleads Guilty to 2013 Molasses Spill, and More Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shell Seeks to Extend Arctic Drilling Period, Great Barrier Reef Protection Plan “Inadequate,” and More Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Oceana Magazine Supporter Spotlight: Jean-Cristophe Vie Posted Thu, October 23, 2014