I know you have an old computer monitor lying around, or an Ikea coffee table you're sick of, or an old VHS collection that's gathering dust and making you feel old. Instead of turning to your friend Craig and his fabulous list, try out the recently launched Remarkd -- It's like craigslist or e-bay... with warm fuzzies.
On Remarkd you post things for sale, and then you donate a portion to the cause of your choice -- more specifically, US!
What a bright idea!
And here's another way to be a do-gooder, while we're at it -- there's a new magazine on the stands, and it's Positively Green. It has helpful features on how to eco-fy every aspect of your life. And the best part? With every subscription they donate $2 to the charity of your choice (again, *coughOceanacough*)
So spend a day getting rid of your old stuff, then sit back and relax with your new favorite mag...
[Image via flickr.com]
- On World Food Day, A Look at Six of The Most Commonly Mislabeled Seafood Options Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Lionfish Being Fed to Reef Sharks, New Polymer Could Reduce Shark Bycatch, and More Posted Mon, October 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sea Otter Teeth Stronger than Human’s, Sri Lanka May Face International Fishing Ban, and More Posted Wed, October 15, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Wild Salmon with Spinach Posted Thu, October 16, 2014
- Photos, Video: Oceana Wraps Up Canary Islands Expedition after Discovering Vast Biodiversity Posted Mon, October 20, 2014