Back in June, Emily alerted you to a fantastic exhibit at Smithonian's National Museum of Natural History. If you haven't had a chance to go, you should include Nature's Best Photography: Ocean Views on your late summer itinerary!
Maybe I'm biased -- as Oceana's office coordinator and a Master's student in Museum Studies, this combines both of my worlds -- but the exhibit is beautiful and truly showcases ocean life and landscapes.
The thought of a mob of tourists on a Saturday afternoon keeping you away? Until the end of August, Natural History is open every day until 7:30pm, perfect for some post work museum visiting. And while you're there, falling for the cute sea lions and majestic whales, make sure to check on the progress of Ocean Hall, slated to open this September.
[Image from http://www.mnh.si.edu]
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014