Back in June, Emily alerted you to a fantastic exhibit at Smithonian's National Museum of Natural History. If you haven't had a chance to go, you should include Nature's Best Photography: Ocean Views on your late summer itinerary!
Maybe I'm biased -- as Oceana's office coordinator and a Master's student in Museum Studies, this combines both of my worlds -- but the exhibit is beautiful and truly showcases ocean life and landscapes.
The thought of a mob of tourists on a Saturday afternoon keeping you away? Until the end of August, Natural History is open every day until 7:30pm, perfect for some post work museum visiting. And while you're there, falling for the cute sea lions and majestic whales, make sure to check on the progress of Ocean Hall, slated to open this September.
[Image from http://www.mnh.si.edu]
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013