Back in June, Emily alerted you to a fantastic exhibit at Smithonian's National Museum of Natural History. If you haven't had a chance to go, you should include Nature's Best Photography: Ocean Views on your late summer itinerary!
Maybe I'm biased -- as Oceana's office coordinator and a Master's student in Museum Studies, this combines both of my worlds -- but the exhibit is beautiful and truly showcases ocean life and landscapes.
The thought of a mob of tourists on a Saturday afternoon keeping you away? Until the end of August, Natural History is open every day until 7:30pm, perfect for some post work museum visiting. And while you're there, falling for the cute sea lions and majestic whales, make sure to check on the progress of Ocean Hall, slated to open this September.
[Image from http://www.mnh.si.edu]
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014