Back in June, Emily alerted you to a fantastic exhibit at Smithonian's National Museum of Natural History. If you haven't had a chance to go, you should include Nature's Best Photography: Ocean Views on your late summer itinerary!
Maybe I'm biased -- as Oceana's office coordinator and a Master's student in Museum Studies, this combines both of my worlds -- but the exhibit is beautiful and truly showcases ocean life and landscapes.
The thought of a mob of tourists on a Saturday afternoon keeping you away? Until the end of August, Natural History is open every day until 7:30pm, perfect for some post work museum visiting. And while you're there, falling for the cute sea lions and majestic whales, make sure to check on the progress of Ocean Hall, slated to open this September.
[Image from http://www.mnh.si.edu]
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- High Level of Seafood Fraud Found in Denmark Posted Sat, September 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Arctic Assets Posted Thu, September 18, 2014