Back in June, Emily alerted you to a fantastic exhibit at Smithonian's National Museum of Natural History. If you haven't had a chance to go, you should include Nature's Best Photography: Ocean Views on your late summer itinerary!
Maybe I'm biased -- as Oceana's office coordinator and a Master's student in Museum Studies, this combines both of my worlds -- but the exhibit is beautiful and truly showcases ocean life and landscapes.
The thought of a mob of tourists on a Saturday afternoon keeping you away? Until the end of August, Natural History is open every day until 7:30pm, perfect for some post work museum visiting. And while you're there, falling for the cute sea lions and majestic whales, make sure to check on the progress of Ocean Hall, slated to open this September.
[Image from http://www.mnh.si.edu]
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014