Sick of all the doping scandals in cycling? Check out Tour de Turtles instead.
The Caribbean Conservation Corporation is tracking the live "marathon" migration of eight sea turtles, representing four different species, from their nesting beaches to their foraging grounds. The turtles are each assigned a difference conservation cause, and by adopting one you donate to its cause. The winner is the first turtle to swim a total distance of 26.2 hundred kilometers (2,620 km).
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Scientists Call for “Bold” Action on Overfishing, Shipping Company Pleads Guilty to 2013 Molasses Spill, and More Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shell Seeks to Extend Arctic Drilling Period, Great Barrier Reef Protection Plan “Inadequate,” and More Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- CEO NOTE: Chilean Oil Spill Harms Local Wildlife, Fishing Communities Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Federal Government Takes Steps to Better Monitor Bycatch in Southeast and Gulf Fisheries Posted Mon, October 27, 2014