Sick of all the doping scandals in cycling? Check out Tour de Turtles instead.
The Caribbean Conservation Corporation is tracking the live "marathon" migration of eight sea turtles, representing four different species, from their nesting beaches to their foraging grounds. The turtles are each assigned a difference conservation cause, and by adopting one you donate to its cause. The winner is the first turtle to swim a total distance of 26.2 hundred kilometers (2,620 km).
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014