Sick of all the doping scandals in cycling? Check out Tour de Turtles instead.
The Caribbean Conservation Corporation is tracking the live "marathon" migration of eight sea turtles, representing four different species, from their nesting beaches to their foraging grounds. The turtles are each assigned a difference conservation cause, and by adopting one you donate to its cause. The winner is the first turtle to swim a total distance of 26.2 hundred kilometers (2,620 km).
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014