Sick of all the doping scandals in cycling? Check out Tour de Turtles instead.
The Caribbean Conservation Corporation is tracking the live "marathon" migration of eight sea turtles, representing four different species, from their nesting beaches to their foraging grounds. The turtles are each assigned a difference conservation cause, and by adopting one you donate to its cause. The winner is the first turtle to swim a total distance of 26.2 hundred kilometers (2,620 km).
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014