Sick of all the doping scandals in cycling? Check out Tour de Turtles instead.
The Caribbean Conservation Corporation is tracking the live "marathon" migration of eight sea turtles, representing four different species, from their nesting beaches to their foraging grounds. The turtles are each assigned a difference conservation cause, and by adopting one you donate to its cause. The winner is the first turtle to swim a total distance of 26.2 hundred kilometers (2,620 km).
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014