Ted says, "Since the mid-1990s, tuna populations have spiralled downward, and scientists warn that an immediate moratorium on fishing is the only way to avoid an irreversible collapse ...Time is running out to save these sleek and powerful fish."
From an early survey of the (many!) comments, it seems the British people agree with Ted, although one smart guy notes "you don't have to be a genius or Ted Danson to know the problems the oceans face from overfishing."
True enough - but sometimes it takes star power to bring an issue into the limelight.
Photo: Oceana/Keith Ellenbogen
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014