It seems that oceans are the hot topic at Natural History! Another exhibit showcasing the beauty of our blue planet is up at my favorite Smithsonian museum.
In honor of the opening of Sant Ocean Hall last fall, Coastal America sponsored an art contest, asking tots and teens in the US and Mexico to submit ocean themed works of art. You can see the winners from the hundreds of entries and read their corresponding essays on the seven essential principles of ocean literacy.
The exhibit is open through March 29. Visit Natural History for more information.
[Photo from http://mnh.si.edu]
- Ocean News: New Minke Whale Foraging Patterns Discovered, Google Street View Takes on the Florida Keys, and More Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Video: Austin Nichols Tags Sharks off Florida, Advocates for the Oceans with Nautica and Oceana Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- A Summer Reading List for Ocean Lovers: Ten Books to Read before Summer Ends Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- New Report Touts Economic Benefits of Seafood Traceability Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014