It seems that oceans are the hot topic at Natural History! Another exhibit showcasing the beauty of our blue planet is up at my favorite Smithsonian museum.
In honor of the opening of Sant Ocean Hall last fall, Coastal America sponsored an art contest, asking tots and teens in the US and Mexico to submit ocean themed works of art. You can see the winners from the hundreds of entries and read their corresponding essays on the seven essential principles of ocean literacy.
The exhibit is open through March 29. Visit Natural History for more information.
[Photo from http://mnh.si.edu]
- Creature Feature: Harp Seal Posted Mon, December 2, 2013
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013