It seems that oceans are the hot topic at Natural History! Another exhibit showcasing the beauty of our blue planet is up at my favorite Smithsonian museum.
In honor of the opening of Sant Ocean Hall last fall, Coastal America sponsored an art contest, asking tots and teens in the US and Mexico to submit ocean themed works of art. You can see the winners from the hundreds of entries and read their corresponding essays on the seven essential principles of ocean literacy.
The exhibit is open through March 29. Visit Natural History for more information.
[Photo from http://mnh.si.edu]
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Happy World Turtle Day! Posted Thu, May 23, 2013
- Washington Passes Legislation to Fight Seafood Fraud Posted Fri, May 24, 2013