It seems that oceans are the hot topic at Natural History! Another exhibit showcasing the beauty of our blue planet is up at my favorite Smithsonian museum.
In honor of the opening of Sant Ocean Hall last fall, Coastal America sponsored an art contest, asking tots and teens in the US and Mexico to submit ocean themed works of art. You can see the winners from the hundreds of entries and read their corresponding essays on the seven essential principles of ocean literacy.
The exhibit is open through March 29. Visit Natural History for more information.
[Photo from http://mnh.si.edu]
- Ocean Roundup: Morbillivirus Strikes the Florida Keys, New Species of Snailfish Discovered in Mariana Trench, and More Posted Mon, December 22, 2014
- Photos: Christmas Island's Incredible Red Crab Migration is Underway Posted Mon, December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Ocean Lovers! Posted Wed, December 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014