Proving there are new ways to go green everyday, SPRANQ, a Dutch creative communications company, developed a new font designed to get the most mileage out of your cartridges, reducing the amount of ink used by up to 20%.
When blown up, you can see how Ecofont will save you ink -- it is full of tiny holes, like Swiss cheese or an erector set. The launch of Ecofont is just part of SPRANQ’s mission to get people thinking about environmental awareness. They advise the use of unbleached papers, plant based inks, even asking graphic designers to keep ink usage in mind during design.
You can download Ecofont for free. When used at 12pt or smaller, the holes are imperceivable. But something tells me that I’m going to be blowing it up and using Ecofont for my next wine and cheese cocktail hour invitations.
- Scottish Government Welcomes New Wind Subsidies! Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Oceana Testifies in Support of MA Seafood Labeling Bills Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Meet the Faces of the Ocean Hero Junior Awards! Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Destructive Fishing Gear Kills 400K+ Seabirds per Year Posted Mon, June 17, 2013
- Brunei Becomes First Asian Country to Ban Shark Finning! Posted Tue, June 18, 2013