World Oceans Day is just a few short weeks away and we have several exciting things for you leading up to the big day, June 8th. Drum roll, please: The polls are now open for the 2009 Ocean Hero Contest! Now through the end of May you can vote for your pick for 2009's Ocean Hero. The winner will be announced on World Oceans Day (June 8) and will receive a $500 Nautica gift certificate, as well as the respect and admiration of the ocean conservation community. Our eight nominees are stellar, so don't forget to cast your vote. Plus, as a part of our new partnership with Nautica, starting today, you can purchase stylish Nautica rope bracelets to pass out to your friends and family. You can wear them on World Oceans Day - and every day - to show your love for the seven seas. Though World Oceans Day has been celebrated around the world for years, the United Nations just recently designated June 8 as the official day. Let's make the first official celebration a great one.
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Video: Oceana Exposes Illegal Drift Gillnet Use in Italy Posted Mon, July 21, 2014