World Oceans Day is just a few short weeks away and we have several exciting things for you leading up to the big day, June 8th. Drum roll, please: The polls are now open for the 2009 Ocean Hero Contest! Now through the end of May you can vote for your pick for 2009's Ocean Hero. The winner will be announced on World Oceans Day (June 8) and will receive a $500 Nautica gift certificate, as well as the respect and admiration of the ocean conservation community. Our eight nominees are stellar, so don't forget to cast your vote. Plus, as a part of our new partnership with Nautica, starting today, you can purchase stylish Nautica rope bracelets to pass out to your friends and family. You can wear them on World Oceans Day - and every day - to show your love for the seven seas. Though World Oceans Day has been celebrated around the world for years, the United Nations just recently designated June 8 as the official day. Let's make the first official celebration a great one.
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014