World Oceans Day is just a few short weeks away and we have several exciting things for you leading up to the big day, June 8th. Drum roll, please: The polls are now open for the 2009 Ocean Hero Contest! Now through the end of May you can vote for your pick for 2009's Ocean Hero. The winner will be announced on World Oceans Day (June 8) and will receive a $500 Nautica gift certificate, as well as the respect and admiration of the ocean conservation community. Our eight nominees are stellar, so don't forget to cast your vote. Plus, as a part of our new partnership with Nautica, starting today, you can purchase stylish Nautica rope bracelets to pass out to your friends and family. You can wear them on World Oceans Day - and every day - to show your love for the seven seas. Though World Oceans Day has been celebrated around the world for years, the United Nations just recently designated June 8 as the official day. Let's make the first official celebration a great one.
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014