At the Aquarium of the Bay, four Pacific Angel sharks recently joined the small ranks of this rare species. In addition to being super cute, the birth of these sharks gives scientists an excellent opportunity to study these once plentiful fish.
But to catch a glimpse of these newborn cuties, you’ll have to visit ZooBorns; they are temporarily off exhibit in a behind-the-scenes nursery.
- Ocean Roundup: Deep Sea Sediments Act as Microplastic Sinks, Risso’s Dolphins Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014