At the Aquarium of the Bay, four Pacific Angel sharks recently joined the small ranks of this rare species. In addition to being super cute, the birth of these sharks gives scientists an excellent opportunity to study these once plentiful fish.
But to catch a glimpse of these newborn cuties, you’ll have to visit ZooBorns; they are temporarily off exhibit in a behind-the-scenes nursery.
- Ocean Roundup: Shell Seeks to Extend Arctic Drilling Period, Great Barrier Reef Protection Plan “Inadequate,” and More Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- CEO NOTE: Chilean Oil Spill Harms Local Wildlife, Fishing Communities Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Federal Government Takes Steps to Better Monitor Bycatch in Southeast and Gulf Fisheries Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Meet the Eerie Stargazer, Wolf-Fish, and Polka Dot Batfish: The Halloween Creature Feature Edition Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014