At the Aquarium of the Bay, four Pacific Angel sharks recently joined the small ranks of this rare species. In addition to being super cute, the birth of these sharks gives scientists an excellent opportunity to study these once plentiful fish.
But to catch a glimpse of these newborn cuties, you’ll have to visit ZooBorns; they are temporarily off exhibit in a behind-the-scenes nursery.
- Video: Oceana’s “Drill, Spill, Repeat” Documentary Wins Award at Sunscreen Film Fest Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Lionfish Being Fed to Reef Sharks, New Polymer Could Reduce Shark Bycatch, and More Posted Mon, October 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Baby Sea Turtles Tracked with Tiny Tags, Canada Restricts Large Area from Commercial Fishing, and More Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Oceana Magazine Supporter Spotlight: Jean-Cristophe Vie Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Photos, Video: Oceana Wraps Up Canary Islands Expedition after Discovering Vast Biodiversity Posted Mon, October 20, 2014