At the Aquarium of the Bay, four Pacific Angel sharks recently joined the small ranks of this rare species. In addition to being super cute, the birth of these sharks gives scientists an excellent opportunity to study these once plentiful fish.
But to catch a glimpse of these newborn cuties, you’ll have to visit ZooBorns; they are temporarily off exhibit in a behind-the-scenes nursery.
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Australia Releases Great Barrier Reef Management Plan, West Coast Starfish See Hope for Recovery, and More Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014