This Friday (tomorrow), Oceana, Shark Trust Wines, and “Sherman’s Lagoon” cartoonist Jim Toomey are hosting An Evening for Shark Conservation at the National Aquarium in Washington, DC.
The free event will raise awareness about the threats sharks face today such as finning and overfishing, and promote the Shark Conservation Act which has passed in the U.S. House and awaits action in the Senate.
And yes, there will be free drinks: Great White Chardonnay, Whale Shark Chenin, and Reef Shark Red. Normally, 10% of the wines' sales go towards shark research and conservation. Toomey will also talk about his inspiration for his strip and how he creates his characters.
To RSVP for the event, e-mail [email protected] or call 202-482-2782.
We'll see you there!
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Offshore Drilling Risks Highlighted in Myrtle Beach Billboards Posted Fri, September 12, 2014