This Friday (tomorrow), Oceana, Shark Trust Wines, and “Sherman’s Lagoon” cartoonist Jim Toomey are hosting An Evening for Shark Conservation at the National Aquarium in Washington, DC.
The free event will raise awareness about the threats sharks face today such as finning and overfishing, and promote the Shark Conservation Act which has passed in the U.S. House and awaits action in the Senate.
And yes, there will be free drinks: Great White Chardonnay, Whale Shark Chenin, and Reef Shark Red. Normally, 10% of the wines' sales go towards shark research and conservation. Toomey will also talk about his inspiration for his strip and how he creates his characters.
To RSVP for the event, e-mail [email protected] or call 202-482-2782.
We'll see you there!
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014