This Friday (tomorrow), Oceana, Shark Trust Wines, and “Sherman’s Lagoon” cartoonist Jim Toomey are hosting An Evening for Shark Conservation at the National Aquarium in Washington, DC.
The free event will raise awareness about the threats sharks face today such as finning and overfishing, and promote the Shark Conservation Act which has passed in the U.S. House and awaits action in the Senate.
And yes, there will be free drinks: Great White Chardonnay, Whale Shark Chenin, and Reef Shark Red. Normally, 10% of the wines' sales go towards shark research and conservation. Toomey will also talk about his inspiration for his strip and how he creates his characters.
To RSVP for the event, e-mail [email protected] or call 202-482-2782.
We'll see you there!
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014