This Friday (tomorrow), Oceana, Shark Trust Wines, and “Sherman’s Lagoon” cartoonist Jim Toomey are hosting An Evening for Shark Conservation at the National Aquarium in Washington, DC.
The free event will raise awareness about the threats sharks face today such as finning and overfishing, and promote the Shark Conservation Act which has passed in the U.S. House and awaits action in the Senate.
And yes, there will be free drinks: Great White Chardonnay, Whale Shark Chenin, and Reef Shark Red. Normally, 10% of the wines' sales go towards shark research and conservation. Toomey will also talk about his inspiration for his strip and how he creates his characters.
To RSVP for the event, e-mail [email protected] or call 202-482-2782.
We'll see you there!
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014