As a result of the work of Oceana and others, the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council took a final step last week towards protecting threatened sea turtles from bottom longlines, and others are doing their part to save these graceful creatures.
And lastly, two bicycle and leatherback enthusiasts are combining their passions to raise money and awareness for the endangered turtles. Johnna and Jordan are Touring for the Turtles, biking from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA.
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014