As a result of the work of Oceana and others, the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council took a final step last week towards protecting threatened sea turtles from bottom longlines, and others are doing their part to save these graceful creatures.
And lastly, two bicycle and leatherback enthusiasts are combining their passions to raise money and awareness for the endangered turtles. Johnna and Jordan are Touring for the Turtles, biking from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA.
- Happy Halloween! Meet the Ocean Animals in Costume All Year (Photos) Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Penguin Chick Survivorship Influenced by Weather, Norway Cuts Seal Hunting Subsidies, and More Posted Tue, October 28, 2014
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field, Part One Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014