As a result of the work of Oceana and others, the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council took a final step last week towards protecting threatened sea turtles from bottom longlines, and others are doing their part to save these graceful creatures.
And lastly, two bicycle and leatherback enthusiasts are combining their passions to raise money and awareness for the endangered turtles. Johnna and Jordan are Touring for the Turtles, biking from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA.
- Ocean News: Climate Change Threatens Red Knots, Pacific Island Leaders Meet to Discuss Ocean Conservation, and More Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014