With the end of August approaching fast, the start of classes is right around the corner. But not everyone is dreading school – in fact, fish do it all year round!
To ease you back into a learning mindset, I’ll be highlighting a different animal from our Creature Corner each day this week.
Today’s featured creature is the emperor penguin. The world’s largest penguin, they spend most of their time in the ocean surrounding Antarctica, coming to shore to mate. If you’ve seen the movie “March of the Penguins”, you know about this arduous process – crossing the frozen landscape, months of fasting as the males incubate their young atop their feet, losing most of their body weight.
Learn more about these birds – and hundreds of other creatures – over at the Creature Corner and get your mind primed for more learning!
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013