If you are swinging through Boston, make sure to download the New England Aquarium’s Blue Impact Tour before going to gawk at the fishes. Sometimes, it is hard to include all the facts on just one label, so the tour offers a chance to get more in-depth information about the star animals and the threats they face.
Even if you aren’t heading to the aquarium, check out the chapters online. There are Barbie lobsters, prolific jellies, stressed out turtles, and color changing corals, all available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and in closed captioning for the hearing impaired.
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Chef’s Corner – Sam Talbot Posted Tue, September 2, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Conservation Groups Plan Lawsuit to Protect Sperm Whales Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014