Check out Oceana’s own Rebecca Greenberg and Pew's Joshua Reichert in a National Geographic video about a cause in the spotlight this week -- the overfishing of sharks. The images of sharks in a Spanish fish market are very different from your typical Shark Week viewing.
Stick around after the first video for footage from Cocos Island National Park in Costa Rica. Ben Horton, a photographer working with National Geographic, documents the illegal shark trade and attempts to run down poachers.
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013