Check out Oceana’s own Rebecca Greenberg and Pew's Joshua Reichert in a National Geographic video about a cause in the spotlight this week -- the overfishing of sharks. The images of sharks in a Spanish fish market are very different from your typical Shark Week viewing.
Stick around after the first video for footage from Cocos Island National Park in Costa Rica. Ben Horton, a photographer working with National Geographic, documents the illegal shark trade and attempts to run down poachers.
- New Shark Repellent May Keep Sharks from Becoming Bycatch Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Photos: Three Days Swimming around the Hawaiian Na Pali Coast Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- CEO Note: Introducing Lars “Lasse” Gustavsson, Oceana in Europe’s New Senior Vice President and Executive Director Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Great Barrier Reef Health “Never Been Worse,” Coral Could Be New Substitute for Bone Grafts, and More Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014