Check out Oceana’s own Rebecca Greenberg and Pew's Joshua Reichert in a National Geographic video about a cause in the spotlight this week -- the overfishing of sharks. The images of sharks in a Spanish fish market are very different from your typical Shark Week viewing.
Stick around after the first video for footage from Cocos Island National Park in Costa Rica. Ben Horton, a photographer working with National Geographic, documents the illegal shark trade and attempts to run down poachers.
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014