Check out Oceana’s own Rebecca Greenberg and Pew's Joshua Reichert in a National Geographic video about a cause in the spotlight this week -- the overfishing of sharks. The images of sharks in a Spanish fish market are very different from your typical Shark Week viewing.
Stick around after the first video for footage from Cocos Island National Park in Costa Rica. Ben Horton, a photographer working with National Geographic, documents the illegal shark trade and attempts to run down poachers.
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014