The 2009 Nautica Malibu Triathlon is just one month away and Oceana still has available spots for our race team for the Olympic distance race (1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run) on September 12 and the Classic distance race (.5mi swim, 18mi bike, 4mi run) on September 13.
I'll be racing this year, but last year I attended as a spectator and was excited to see all the celebs that did the Pacific swim, the Pacific Coast Highway bike ride and the run down the pavement and blacktop along Zuma Beach. Jennifer Lopez, Matthew McConaughey, William H. Macy, Felicity Huffman and Cindy Crawford were just some of the famous faces to grace the beach in 2008 and I know many will be there in 2009 too.
Team Oceana athletes won't be as widely recognized as some of the stars in the race, but we'll do our part to help you get recognized by giving athletes a team race jersey and shorts. There's also a fundraising component to being a team Oceana athlete and Nautica has offered a $500 gift card to the athlete who raises the most money for Oceana.
It's a fun event, done for a great cause. We have spots available for the September 12-13 event and we want you to get involved. Remember to please sign up by Monday, August 17.
Also, be sure to check out my slideshow from the 2008 event.
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014