Though the television shows tend to focus on the gore and terror of these apex predators, the Discovery Channel has developed a lot of conservation-centered content on their website. Check out their blog, written by the Ocean Conservancy’s Sonja Fordham. There is a news section that follows the latest in shark happenings worldwide. On the lighter side, you can take a quiz and see what shark you are – I’m a hammerhead!
Also make sure to check out our own website for information on what Oceana is doing to save these graceful creatures. Learn more about them in our Creature Corner and look forward to more shark posts throughout the week.
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Recent Marine Fossil Discoveries Provide Insight on Ancient Ocean Inhabitants Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Video: Rare Blue Whale Footage Captured Off California Posted Tue, September 30, 2014