Though the television shows tend to focus on the gore and terror of these apex predators, the Discovery Channel has developed a lot of conservation-centered content on their website. Check out their blog, written by the Ocean Conservancy’s Sonja Fordham. There is a news section that follows the latest in shark happenings worldwide. On the lighter side, you can take a quiz and see what shark you are – I’m a hammerhead!
Also make sure to check out our own website for information on what Oceana is doing to save these graceful creatures. Learn more about them in our Creature Corner and look forward to more shark posts throughout the week.
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana Supports Recent European Commission Moves to End Overfishing Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014