Though the television shows tend to focus on the gore and terror of these apex predators, the Discovery Channel has developed a lot of conservation-centered content on their website. Check out their blog, written by the Ocean Conservancy’s Sonja Fordham. There is a news section that follows the latest in shark happenings worldwide. On the lighter side, you can take a quiz and see what shark you are – I’m a hammerhead!
Also make sure to check out our own website for information on what Oceana is doing to save these graceful creatures. Learn more about them in our Creature Corner and look forward to more shark posts throughout the week.
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014