Though the television shows tend to focus on the gore and terror of these apex predators, the Discovery Channel has developed a lot of conservation-centered content on their website. Check out their blog, written by the Ocean Conservancy’s Sonja Fordham. There is a news section that follows the latest in shark happenings worldwide. On the lighter side, you can take a quiz and see what shark you are – I’m a hammerhead!
Also make sure to check out our own website for information on what Oceana is doing to save these graceful creatures. Learn more about them in our Creature Corner and look forward to more shark posts throughout the week.
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014