The newest stars on the reality television circuit won’t be crying about being stranded in paradise or shopping for hats to wear to the horse races – they will be little loggerheads, making their way from nest to sea.
In the Lower Florida Keys, a webcam is trained on a loggerhead nest that is set to hatch sometime between 17 to 24 August. Any time of day or night (with the help of infrared lights), you can check up on the nest and see if there are any new additions to the turtle nursery.
- Ocean News: Regulators Propose Whale Sanctuary in the Canary Islands, Harbor Seals Found to Forage around Wind Farms, and More Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Some of the Ocean’s Most Beautiful Tentacles Posted Thu, July 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014