The newest stars on the reality television circuit won’t be crying about being stranded in paradise or shopping for hats to wear to the horse races – they will be little loggerheads, making their way from nest to sea.
In the Lower Florida Keys, a webcam is trained on a loggerhead nest that is set to hatch sometime between 17 to 24 August. Any time of day or night (with the help of infrared lights), you can check up on the nest and see if there are any new additions to the turtle nursery.
- Will EU Member States Live Up To Their Common Fisheries Policy Commitments? Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Sand Tiger Shark Embryos Found to Eat Each Other, Wind Turbines Could Weaken Hurricane Intensity, and More Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- In Honor of Sea Otter Awareness Week, Ten Fun Facts about Sea Otters Posted Wed, September 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf Businesses Won’t Return BP Payouts, Whales May Have More than One Spleen, and More Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014