The newest stars on the reality television circuit won’t be crying about being stranded in paradise or shopping for hats to wear to the horse races – they will be little loggerheads, making their way from nest to sea.
In the Lower Florida Keys, a webcam is trained on a loggerhead nest that is set to hatch sometime between 17 to 24 August. Any time of day or night (with the help of infrared lights), you can check up on the nest and see if there are any new additions to the turtle nursery.
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Bird Casualties from BP’s Gulf Spill Much Higher than Original Estimates Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- Video: Oceana’s “Drill, Spill, Repeat” Documentary Wins Award at Sunscreen Film Fest Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Lionfish Being Fed to Reef Sharks, New Polymer Could Reduce Shark Bycatch, and More Posted Mon, October 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Baby Sea Turtles Tracked with Tiny Tags, Canada Restricts Large Area from Commercial Fishing, and More Posted Wed, October 22, 2014