Happy Friday, everyone!
This week in ocean news,
… Senator Kerry speaks out against finning and in support of new legislation protecting the marine animal of the week, sharks.
… Oceana shared 9 tips for healthy oceans with the Daily Green.
… all ocean news doesn’t have to be sad ocean news. After decades of declining oyster stocks in the Chesapeake Bay, one area off the Virginia coast is successfully repopulated with the tasty mollusk.
… while we tend to focus on what’s going on in the water here at Oceana, the seafloor also holds importance and many mysteries. Make sure to tune in to National Geographic this Sunday at 9pm for "Drain the Ocean”, a look at what the world would look like without a single drop of water.
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Western Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Gain New Protections Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Coral Reefs Turning Silent from Overfishing, Other Human Impacts Posted Thu, December 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Task Force Releases Recommendations on Seafood Fraud, Sea Otters Critical to Healthy Marshes, and More Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Urges Mangrove Protection, Warming Pacific Waters Could Unlock Layer of Methane, and More Posted Fri, December 12, 2014