Happy Friday, everyone!
This week in ocean news,
… Senator Kerry speaks out against finning and in support of new legislation protecting the marine animal of the week, sharks.
… Oceana shared 9 tips for healthy oceans with the Daily Green.
… all ocean news doesn’t have to be sad ocean news. After decades of declining oyster stocks in the Chesapeake Bay, one area off the Virginia coast is successfully repopulated with the tasty mollusk.
… while we tend to focus on what’s going on in the water here at Oceana, the seafloor also holds importance and many mysteries. Make sure to tune in to National Geographic this Sunday at 9pm for "Drain the Ocean”, a look at what the world would look like without a single drop of water.
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014