Happy Friday, everyone!
This week in ocean news,
… Senator Kerry speaks out against finning and in support of new legislation protecting the marine animal of the week, sharks.
… Oceana shared 9 tips for healthy oceans with the Daily Green.
… all ocean news doesn’t have to be sad ocean news. After decades of declining oyster stocks in the Chesapeake Bay, one area off the Virginia coast is successfully repopulated with the tasty mollusk.
… while we tend to focus on what’s going on in the water here at Oceana, the seafloor also holds importance and many mysteries. Make sure to tune in to National Geographic this Sunday at 9pm for "Drain the Ocean”, a look at what the world would look like without a single drop of water.
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Conservation Groups Plan Lawsuit to Protect Sperm Whales Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Chile Cancels September Crustacean Trawl to Protect Common Hake Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014