Happy Friday, everyone!
This week in ocean news,
… Senator Kerry speaks out against finning and in support of new legislation protecting the marine animal of the week, sharks.
… Oceana shared 9 tips for healthy oceans with the Daily Green.
… all ocean news doesn’t have to be sad ocean news. After decades of declining oyster stocks in the Chesapeake Bay, one area off the Virginia coast is successfully repopulated with the tasty mollusk.
… while we tend to focus on what’s going on in the water here at Oceana, the seafloor also holds importance and many mysteries. Make sure to tune in to National Geographic this Sunday at 9pm for "Drain the Ocean”, a look at what the world would look like without a single drop of water.
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013