TGIF- Thank goodness it’s fishy!
And let’s never talk of that pun again.
This week in the oceans,
… NPR has a gorgeous photo slideshow from The Netherland Antilles reefs.
… if you are planning on vacationing on the beach, check out some helpful tips on what you can do to keep our reefs healthy.
… humans aren’t the only ones that get grumpy with age. Moko, a dolphin famous in New Zealand for playing with swimmers, is getting aggressive as he matures. Just a reminder that though they are cute, dolphins are wild animals and not household pets.
… while some Monterey Bay Aquarium staff are fighting off jellies, others are researching the potential affects of ocean acidification on deep-sea animals. Learn more about ocean acidification and watch Plant Green’s Blue August feature Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification. Catch a sneak peek and check showtimes on their website.
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: New Maps Reveal Extent of Ocean Plastic, Florida Keys Launches Turtle Cam, and More Posted Wed, July 16, 2014