TGIF- Thank goodness it’s fishy!
And let’s never talk of that pun again.
This week in the oceans,
… NPR has a gorgeous photo slideshow from The Netherland Antilles reefs.
… if you are planning on vacationing on the beach, check out some helpful tips on what you can do to keep our reefs healthy.
… humans aren’t the only ones that get grumpy with age. Moko, a dolphin famous in New Zealand for playing with swimmers, is getting aggressive as he matures. Just a reminder that though they are cute, dolphins are wild animals and not household pets.
… while some Monterey Bay Aquarium staff are fighting off jellies, others are researching the potential affects of ocean acidification on deep-sea animals. Learn more about ocean acidification and watch Plant Green’s Blue August feature Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification. Catch a sneak peek and check showtimes on their website.
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: A Look at Amazing Fall Migrations Underway in the Oceans Right Now Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Captures First-Ever Images of Seamounts North of Canary Islands Posted Mon, September 22, 2014