TGIF- Thank goodness it’s fishy!
And let’s never talk of that pun again.
This week in the oceans,
… NPR has a gorgeous photo slideshow from The Netherland Antilles reefs.
… if you are planning on vacationing on the beach, check out some helpful tips on what you can do to keep our reefs healthy.
… humans aren’t the only ones that get grumpy with age. Moko, a dolphin famous in New Zealand for playing with swimmers, is getting aggressive as he matures. Just a reminder that though they are cute, dolphins are wild animals and not household pets.
… while some Monterey Bay Aquarium staff are fighting off jellies, others are researching the potential affects of ocean acidification on deep-sea animals. Learn more about ocean acidification and watch Plant Green’s Blue August feature Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification. Catch a sneak peek and check showtimes on their website.
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Video: Watch the Incredible Migration of Thousands of Giant Spider Crabs in Australia Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014