TGIF- Thank goodness it’s fishy!
And let’s never talk of that pun again.
This week in the oceans,
… NPR has a gorgeous photo slideshow from The Netherland Antilles reefs.
… if you are planning on vacationing on the beach, check out some helpful tips on what you can do to keep our reefs healthy.
… humans aren’t the only ones that get grumpy with age. Moko, a dolphin famous in New Zealand for playing with swimmers, is getting aggressive as he matures. Just a reminder that though they are cute, dolphins are wild animals and not household pets.
… while some Monterey Bay Aquarium staff are fighting off jellies, others are researching the potential affects of ocean acidification on deep-sea animals. Learn more about ocean acidification and watch Plant Green’s Blue August feature Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification. Catch a sneak peek and check showtimes on their website.
- Oceana Magazine: Wasted Catch Posted Mon, September 1, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014