TGIF- Thank goodness it’s fishy!
And let’s never talk of that pun again.
This week in the oceans,
… NPR has a gorgeous photo slideshow from The Netherland Antilles reefs.
… if you are planning on vacationing on the beach, check out some helpful tips on what you can do to keep our reefs healthy.
… humans aren’t the only ones that get grumpy with age. Moko, a dolphin famous in New Zealand for playing with swimmers, is getting aggressive as he matures. Just a reminder that though they are cute, dolphins are wild animals and not household pets.
… while some Monterey Bay Aquarium staff are fighting off jellies, others are researching the potential affects of ocean acidification on deep-sea animals. Learn more about ocean acidification and watch Plant Green’s Blue August feature Acid Test: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification. Catch a sneak peek and check showtimes on their website.
- Ocean Roundup: Seafood Fraud Ring Uncovered in Australia, Fish Species Found to Change Skin Color, and More Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- Ocean News: Sea Turtle Nesting in Florida Sees Steady Increase, 2014 Could Be Hottest on Record, and More Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- Video: Oceana Makes Plea for Mediterranean Swordfish, Says EU Overlooking Its Decline Posted Wed, October 15, 2014
- CEO Note: President Obama Designates Largest Marine Reserve in the World Posted Fri, October 17, 2014
- CEO Note: Introducing Lars “Lasse” Gustavsson, Oceana in Europe’s New Senior Vice President and Executive Director Posted Tue, October 21, 2014