Happy Friday, everyone!
Before enjoying the weekend, why not enjoy some ocean news?
...Oceana’s own marine scientist Margot Stiles spoke to the Associated Press about deep-sea coral reefs off the Southeast U.S. coast, the subject of possible protection from the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council.
...The U.S. Geological Survey research of stream fish shows a common thread – every single specimen had some level of mercury contamination, with over one-fourth at higher than EPA guidelines.
...This summer, things aren’t just heating up on land – the oceans’ temperatures are at an all-time high.
... A popular New Orleans restaurant pulled shark fin soup from the menu after public outcry.
...Scientists discovered seven new deep-sea worms that all share one neat survival trick – glow bombs.
......High fives translate to all species, even if you have fins instead of hands.
- Creature Feature: Leatherback Sea Turtle Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014