If you are lucky enough to be in southern California soon, make sure you stop by the Monterey Bay Aquarium to check out their new exhibit, The Secret Life of Seahorses. The exhibit has several fun animals on display but what I’m most excited about (especially since I’m stuck on the east coast) is the Aquarium’s marketing campaign.
Go ahead and friend Herbie Hippocampus on Facebook and see if you share some of his interests and hobbies. While I too enjoying eating, marine protected areas and hanging around, I’m not quite ready for pregnancy. But as a male seahorse, Herbie is all about the babies – his main interest is courtship and all he’s really looking for is a female to give him a few hundred kids.
Check out the exhibit’s main site for personals of some of the other seahorses and seadragons. Though they all look different, they have one trait in common – those males want some kiddos in their baby bjorns.
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than Three Weeks until Porbeagle Sharks are Protected Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: 20 Coral Species to Gain Federal Protection, Shell Files New Plan for Arctic Drilling, and More Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Maine’s Scallop Fishery Could See Closures, Sydney Harbor Littered with Microplastics, and More Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Photos: Oceana in Belize Exposes Belizean Youth to the Wonder of the Sea Posted Wed, August 27, 2014