If you are lucky enough to be in southern California soon, make sure you stop by the Monterey Bay Aquarium to check out their new exhibit, The Secret Life of Seahorses. The exhibit has several fun animals on display but what I’m most excited about (especially since I’m stuck on the east coast) is the Aquarium’s marketing campaign.
Go ahead and friend Herbie Hippocampus on Facebook and see if you share some of his interests and hobbies. While I too enjoying eating, marine protected areas and hanging around, I’m not quite ready for pregnancy. But as a male seahorse, Herbie is all about the babies – his main interest is courtship and all he’s really looking for is a female to give him a few hundred kids.
Check out the exhibit’s main site for personals of some of the other seahorses and seadragons. Though they all look different, they have one trait in common – those males want some kiddos in their baby bjorns.
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Q&A with Justin Winters, Executive Director of Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014