If you are lucky enough to be in southern California soon, make sure you stop by the Monterey Bay Aquarium to check out their new exhibit, The Secret Life of Seahorses. The exhibit has several fun animals on display but what I’m most excited about (especially since I’m stuck on the east coast) is the Aquarium’s marketing campaign.
Go ahead and friend Herbie Hippocampus on Facebook and see if you share some of his interests and hobbies. While I too enjoying eating, marine protected areas and hanging around, I’m not quite ready for pregnancy. But as a male seahorse, Herbie is all about the babies – his main interest is courtship and all he’s really looking for is a female to give him a few hundred kids.
Check out the exhibit’s main site for personals of some of the other seahorses and seadragons. Though they all look different, they have one trait in common – those males want some kiddos in their baby bjorns.
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014