A brief update for you on the Timor Sea oil spill:
Today, now 46 days after oil began gushing from a platform in the Timor Sea, efforts to plug the leak have failed. It will take up to four days to complete a second attempt to stop this disastrous spill. Meanwhile, the oil slick has grown so large it can be seen from space.
Check out Skytruth for the latest details.
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Green Sea Turtle Makes Longest Migration Ever Recorded, Small Oil Spill Found off of Italy, and More Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014