Be one of the first people to sign our new Facebook petition to protect kids from mercury in fish at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club!
And increase your impact and win prizes by inviting your friends to sign. The 3 people who recruit the most friends to sign by Monday, November 30 will win!
More About The Petition:
Oceana is asking Walmart and its subsidiary Sam's Club to post the Food and Drug Administration's mercury advice at their seafood displays.
While news stories about food recalls rip through the headlines at light speed, many families remain unaware of the ongoing risk of mercury in seafood. Because mercury can harm a young child or unborn baby's developing nervous system, the FDA has issued advice for women of child-bearing age and children to avoid or limit their consumption of certain fish that are contaminated with elevated levels of mercury.
Studies have shown that as many as 30 percent of women planning to have a child or already pregnant do not know that mercury in fish could harm their children's development. And an EPA scientist has estimated that one in ten women of childbearing age has enough mercury in her body to pose neurological risks to her developing baby.
Sign at http://apps.facebook.com/causes/petitions/325
More About The Contest:
You can recruit friends to sign the petition by clicking the green "Ask Friends to Sign" button that shows after you sign the petition. Anyone who signs the petition through an invitation you send or from a link in your news feed will show up in the total number of signatures that you have gathered.
The three people to get the most friends to sign the petition by 5 PM ET on Monday, November 30 will win these prizes.
#1- $100 gift card to Amazon or Cafe Press (your choice), an Oceana t-shirt and an Oceana reusable bag featuring a sea turtle graphic
#2- $50 gift card to Amazon or Cafe Press (your choice), an Oceana t-shirt and an Oceana reusable bag featuring a sea turtle graphic
#3- $25 gift card to Amazon or Cafe Press (your choice), an Oceana t-shirt and an Oceana reusable bag featuring a sea turtle graphic
We would be delighted if the winners spent their gift cards in our Amazon store or our Cafe Press store but that certainly isn't required. Good luck!
- Oceana Provides Comments to President Obama’s Task Force to Tackle Illegal Fishing and Seafood Fraud Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- How Does Your Sunscreen Impact Marine Life? Posted Tue, September 9, 2014