Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol is not always on the water -- sometimes he’s on the ice.
Last weekend he attended a Dallas Stars hockey game as a part of their Olympic Series. He spoke to fans about what it takes to be an Olympian and the importance of ocean conservation, explaining how events like the Race for the Oceans contribute to Oceana’s mission.
Fans were able to meet and mingle with Aaron after the talk. A portion of each ticket that was sold to Aaron’s speech was given back to Oceana.
The event was a great success; Aaron had a great time, and needless to say, so did his fans.
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014