Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol is not always on the water -- sometimes he’s on the ice.
Last weekend he attended a Dallas Stars hockey game as a part of their Olympic Series. He spoke to fans about what it takes to be an Olympian and the importance of ocean conservation, explaining how events like the Race for the Oceans contribute to Oceana’s mission.
Fans were able to meet and mingle with Aaron after the talk. A portion of each ticket that was sold to Aaron’s speech was given back to Oceana.
The event was a great success; Aaron had a great time, and needless to say, so did his fans.
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Acidification Masking Shark Smelling Abilities, New Fishery Rule to Protect Endangered Albatross, and More Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014