Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol is not always on the water -- sometimes he’s on the ice.
Last weekend he attended a Dallas Stars hockey game as a part of their Olympic Series. He spoke to fans about what it takes to be an Olympian and the importance of ocean conservation, explaining how events like the Race for the Oceans contribute to Oceana’s mission.
Fans were able to meet and mingle with Aaron after the talk. A portion of each ticket that was sold to Aaron’s speech was given back to Oceana.
The event was a great success; Aaron had a great time, and needless to say, so did his fans.
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013