Oceana spokeswimmer Aaron Peirsol is not always on the water -- sometimes he’s on the ice.
Last weekend he attended a Dallas Stars hockey game as a part of their Olympic Series. He spoke to fans about what it takes to be an Olympian and the importance of ocean conservation, explaining how events like the Race for the Oceans contribute to Oceana’s mission.
Fans were able to meet and mingle with Aaron after the talk. A portion of each ticket that was sold to Aaron’s speech was given back to Oceana.
The event was a great success; Aaron had a great time, and needless to say, so did his fans.
- CEO Note: Wyss Foundation Paves the Way for Oceana to Rebuild Fisheries in Peru, Canada Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- Ocean News: Sea Turtle Nesting in Florida Sees Steady Increase, 2014 Could Be Hottest on Record, and More Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- New Shark Repellent May Keep Sharks from Becoming Bycatch Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Photos: Three Days Swimming around the Hawaiian Na Pali Coast Posted Fri, October 24, 2014