Oceana could win $200,000 for ocean conservation, but we need your help.
As a part of a new corporate social responsibility effort from American Express and TakePart, every three months, five charities will be chosen to each receive $200,000 in funding from American Express. Oceana is one of 49 charities that have been chosen to compete for the initial round of support.
Our favorite? Well, us, of course. If you agree, you can vote now to help us win.
TakePart.com is the social action network of Participant Media, the social change-oriented media company behind An Inconvenient Truth and Food Inc. After voting, you can connect with other like-minded participants on TakePart and find conservation-related volunteer opportunities in your community.
So cast your vote now to help us win crucial funds to protect the world’s oceans!
(Thanks to American Express and TakePart.com for making this possible.)
- Sharks and Rays Gain International Protection under CITES Listing Posted Sun, September 14, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014