Oceana could win $200,000 for ocean conservation, but we need your help.
As a part of a new corporate social responsibility effort from American Express and TakePart, every three months, five charities will be chosen to each receive $200,000 in funding from American Express. Oceana is one of 49 charities that have been chosen to compete for the initial round of support.
Our favorite? Well, us, of course. If you agree, you can vote now to help us win.
TakePart.com is the social action network of Participant Media, the social change-oriented media company behind An Inconvenient Truth and Food Inc. After voting, you can connect with other like-minded participants on TakePart and find conservation-related volunteer opportunities in your community.
So cast your vote now to help us win crucial funds to protect the world’s oceans!
(Thanks to American Express and TakePart.com for making this possible.)
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014