Oceana could win $200,000 for ocean conservation, but we need your help.
As a part of a new corporate social responsibility effort from American Express and TakePart, every three months, five charities will be chosen to each receive $200,000 in funding from American Express. Oceana is one of 49 charities that have been chosen to compete for the initial round of support.
Our favorite? Well, us, of course. If you agree, you can vote now to help us win.
TakePart.com is the social action network of Participant Media, the social change-oriented media company behind An Inconvenient Truth and Food Inc. After voting, you can connect with other like-minded participants on TakePart and find conservation-related volunteer opportunities in your community.
So cast your vote now to help us win crucial funds to protect the world’s oceans!
(Thanks to American Express and TakePart.com for making this possible.)
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Dolphins Use Whistles as Names, Conservationists Call for Removal of Queensland Shark Nets, and More Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014