Some might say Oprah walks on water. Soon, she and thousands of others (like you!) will walk for the water.
We’re proud to announce that Oceana is one of 10 non-profit organizations chosen to be a beneficiary of O, The Oprah Magazine’s “Live Your Best Life” Walk on Sunday May 9, 2010 in New York City.
The walk will be the culmination of a 3-day event celebrating O’s tenth anniversary. Leading up to the walk, 6,000 attendees will enjoy celebratory events including a welcome reception and an evening with Oprah Winfrey at Radio City Music Hall. Thousands more will join the Walk with Oprah on Sunday May 9th.
Top overall fundraisers will have the chance to walk with Oprah or have their name featured in an upcoming issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.
Sound pretty cool to you? If you want to walk for the oceans, too, go to http://www.oprah.com/walk to get involved.
- CEO Note: Another Chlorine Plant Goes Mercury-Free Posted Thu, July 17, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Obama Administration Approves Seismic Airgun Use off the Atlantic Coast In Spite of Local Opposition and Threats to Marine Life Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Setback for Shark Conservation: Hammerhead Sharks Denied Protection under Endangered Species Act Posted Tue, July 15, 2014