Using Flickr and Google Maps, we've created a new photo map where you can share your oil spill photos and video with the Oceana network.
If you have images of the oil slick, wildlife, cleanup crews, or anything else related to the spill, you can submit them and tag them on our map. Here’s how:
1) Log into your Flickr account or create an account.
2) Join our group, Oceana’s Oil Spill Photo Pool.
3) Upload your photos to your Flickr account.
4) If your camera doesn’t automatically give a map location, you can find the location of your photos by clicking here.
5) Add the photos to our group pool by clicking "Add something?" on the group page, next to the bright pink Group Pool header.
Happy uploading, and let us know if you experience any difficulties with the system.
- Ocean Roundup: Florida Receives Federal Help for Oyster Recovery, Climate Change Linked to Iceland’s Puffin Decline, and More Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014