Just received this dispatch from Dave Allison, one of our senior campaign directors, who is on the ground in the Gulf.
"Approaching the airport, small fleet of fishing boats is dropping booms to contain the slick of oil churning just outside the port. As we land, Airforce One sits waiting while the president begins a day of demands and negotiation to force BP to make good on their promise to make amends for the environmental and economic devastation that Oceana warned against years ago in the report Toxic Legacy."
Dave will be meeting with fishermen and attending a Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council meeting in Biloxi and will be reporting his experiences.
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Wasted Catch Posted Mon, September 1, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014