Just received this dispatch from Dave Allison, one of our senior campaign directors, who is on the ground in the Gulf.
"Approaching the airport, small fleet of fishing boats is dropping booms to contain the slick of oil churning just outside the port. As we land, Airforce One sits waiting while the president begins a day of demands and negotiation to force BP to make good on their promise to make amends for the environmental and economic devastation that Oceana warned against years ago in the report Toxic Legacy."
Dave will be meeting with fishermen and attending a Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council meeting in Biloxi and will be reporting his experiences.
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014