TED conferences “bring together the world's leading thinkers and doers for a series of talks, presentations and performances.” So it was only a matter of time until TED tackled the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Topics will include: mitigation of the spill and the impending cleanup efforts; energy alternatives; policy and economics; and new technology that can help us build a self-reliant culture.
The presenters will include the following experts:
- Andrew Sharpless, Oceana CEO
- Jackie Savitz, Oceana Senior Scientist
- Sylvia Earle, legendary oceanographer and winner of the TED Prize
- Philippe Cousteau, diver scientist and environmental activist
- Wolcott Henry, National Geographic underwater photographer
- Dr. Ronald Atlas, chief microbiologist for the Exxon Valdez cleanup
- Leroy Stick, the pseudonymous humorist behind @BPGlobalPR
- TEDxOilSpill Gulf Expedition Team
- And many others!
WHEN: 9am-6pm, Monday June 28
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ampitheater - 1300 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20229
See you there!
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Oceana’s 2014 Balearic Seamount Expedition: Diaries from the Field Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014