TED conferences “bring together the world's leading thinkers and doers for a series of talks, presentations and performances.” So it was only a matter of time until TED tackled the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Topics will include: mitigation of the spill and the impending cleanup efforts; energy alternatives; policy and economics; and new technology that can help us build a self-reliant culture.
The presenters will include the following experts:
- Andrew Sharpless, Oceana CEO
- Jackie Savitz, Oceana Senior Scientist
- Sylvia Earle, legendary oceanographer and winner of the TED Prize
- Philippe Cousteau, diver scientist and environmental activist
- Wolcott Henry, National Geographic underwater photographer
- Dr. Ronald Atlas, chief microbiologist for the Exxon Valdez cleanup
- Leroy Stick, the pseudonymous humorist behind @BPGlobalPR
- TEDxOilSpill Gulf Expedition Team
- And many others!
WHEN: 9am-6pm, Monday June 28
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ampitheater - 1300 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20229
See you there!
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013