TED conferences “bring together the world's leading thinkers and doers for a series of talks, presentations and performances.” So it was only a matter of time until TED tackled the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Topics will include: mitigation of the spill and the impending cleanup efforts; energy alternatives; policy and economics; and new technology that can help us build a self-reliant culture.
The presenters will include the following experts:
- Andrew Sharpless, Oceana CEO
- Jackie Savitz, Oceana Senior Scientist
- Sylvia Earle, legendary oceanographer and winner of the TED Prize
- Philippe Cousteau, diver scientist and environmental activist
- Wolcott Henry, National Geographic underwater photographer
- Dr. Ronald Atlas, chief microbiologist for the Exxon Valdez cleanup
- Leroy Stick, the pseudonymous humorist behind @BPGlobalPR
- TEDxOilSpill Gulf Expedition Team
- And many others!
WHEN: 9am-6pm, Monday June 28
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ampitheater - 1300 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20229
See you there!
- Ocean Roundup: Oceans Get a “D’ for Ocean Health, Beluga Whale Population Faces “Catastrophe,” and More Posted Wed, October 1, 2014
- Video: Leonardo DiCaprio Speaks up for the Planet at UN Climate Summit Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Live Action Role-Play for the Baltic Sea: Finding New Ways to Address Environmental Troubles Posted Mon, September 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Giant Cuttlefish Decline Remains a Mystery, President Obama Creates World's Largest MPA, and More Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Mussel Chowder Posted Wed, October 1, 2014