When: Thursday, June 3, 2010 from 9:00 - 10:00pm EST
Where: On Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, please register at http://www.twitter.com. Follow the conversation by using the #oilchat Hashtag.
President Barack Obama goes one-on-one with Larry King tonight at 9pm eastern to talk about the oil spill, economic turmoil and war. What are your reactions or impressions to President Obama’s comments?
Jackie Savitz, Oceana’s Senior Campaign Director, Pollution Campaigns [@jackiesavitz] will be joining the conversation to answer your questions and reactions.
New to Twitter? Here’s How to Get Set Up
If you’re not already set up on Twitter, hop on over there and get an account. Here are some tips for setting up your account as well as some key things to know once you jump on.
- Choose a username that reflects who you are and that isn’t too long.
- Use a head shot of yourself as your avatar. If you want to promote your business on Twitter either set up two separate accounts or include your logo with your head shot.
- Make sure and include a bio of yourself in your profile, letting people know a bit about you.
Once you’re all set up on Twitter, note the following:
- When using Twitter, you must refresh often to see new tweets streaming in. Some third-party technologies, like Tweetgrid, stream continuously, making it so you do not have to refresh, but on Twitter you do.
- If you’d like to see public tweets directed to you, click on the @replies in your Twitter home page sidebar. It will have the @ sign next to your Twitter ID (e.g., @oceana).
- If you’d like to see private tweets to you, click on the Direct Messages in your sidebar.
- You will want to check your @replies often to see who is tweeting to you and to respond to them. You can select for your Direct Messages to be sent to your e-mail inbox, alerting you when you should check them.
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Filefish Use Chemical Scent to Camouflage, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Endangered Dolphins, and More Posted Mon, December 15, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014