When: Thursday, June 3, 2010 from 9:00 - 10:00pm EST
Where: On Twitter. If you do not have a Twitter account, please register at http://www.twitter.com. Follow the conversation by using the #oilchat Hashtag.
President Barack Obama goes one-on-one with Larry King tonight at 9pm eastern to talk about the oil spill, economic turmoil and war. What are your reactions or impressions to President Obama’s comments?
Jackie Savitz, Oceana’s Senior Campaign Director, Pollution Campaigns [@jackiesavitz] will be joining the conversation to answer your questions and reactions.
New to Twitter? Here’s How to Get Set Up
If you’re not already set up on Twitter, hop on over there and get an account. Here are some tips for setting up your account as well as some key things to know once you jump on.
- Choose a username that reflects who you are and that isn’t too long.
- Use a head shot of yourself as your avatar. If you want to promote your business on Twitter either set up two separate accounts or include your logo with your head shot.
- Make sure and include a bio of yourself in your profile, letting people know a bit about you.
Once you’re all set up on Twitter, note the following:
- When using Twitter, you must refresh often to see new tweets streaming in. Some third-party technologies, like Tweetgrid, stream continuously, making it so you do not have to refresh, but on Twitter you do.
- If you’d like to see public tweets directed to you, click on the @replies in your Twitter home page sidebar. It will have the @ sign next to your Twitter ID (e.g., @oceana).
- If you’d like to see private tweets to you, click on the Direct Messages in your sidebar.
- You will want to check your @replies often to see who is tweeting to you and to respond to them. You can select for your Direct Messages to be sent to your e-mail inbox, alerting you when you should check them.
- Ocean Roundup: Leatherback Coloration May Play Important Role, UK Sees New Voluntary Seafood Labeling Scheme, and More Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Photos: On International Coastal Cleanup Day, Five Ways to Help the Oceans Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Australia Releases Great Barrier Reef Management Plan, West Coast Starfish See Hope for Recovery, and More Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Oceana Provides Common Hake Recovery Plan to Chilean Government Posted Wed, September 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Gulf of Mexico Sharks are Shrinking, Caribbean Reefs Capable of Being Saved, and More Posted Fri, September 19, 2014