This week, the characters from the syndicated comic strip, “Daddy’s Home” are spending their summer vacation volunteering to help with the oil spill clean-up in the Gulf of Mexico.
Each day this week the strip’s authors, Tony Rubino and Gary Markstein, suggest a different organization’s website for guidance on how to help. Today, Oceana is featured!
Be sure to check out the rest of the week’s strips; they add a bit of much-needed levity to a seemingly endless disaster.
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Video: Watch the Incredible Migration of Thousands of Giant Spider Crabs in Australia Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014