Loblaw Companies, Canada’s largest food distributor, is making a splash for sustainable seafood.
In a bold marketing move, Loblaw’s has begun displaying empty fish trays at seafood counters where at-risk fish were once displayed. (Pictured here.)
The public awareness campaign is part of the company’s efforts to source 100 percent of seafood sold in its stores from sustainable sources by the end of 2013.
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014