Loblaw Companies, Canada’s largest food distributor, is making a splash for sustainable seafood.
In a bold marketing move, Loblaw’s has begun displaying empty fish trays at seafood counters where at-risk fish were once displayed. (Pictured here.)
The public awareness campaign is part of the company’s efforts to source 100 percent of seafood sold in its stores from sustainable sources by the end of 2013.
- Bycatch Spotlight: One of the Biggest Issues Facing Sharks Today Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- New Report Touts Economic Benefits of Seafood Traceability Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Dispatches Military to Protect Baby Turtles, New Zealand Bans Shark Finning, and More Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Dusky’s Big Adventure, Day 5: Dusky Asks for Help to Complete His Bucket List Posted Thu, August 14, 2014
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014