Loblaw Companies, Canada’s largest food distributor, is making a splash for sustainable seafood.
In a bold marketing move, Loblaw’s has begun displaying empty fish trays at seafood counters where at-risk fish were once displayed. (Pictured here.)
The public awareness campaign is part of the company’s efforts to source 100 percent of seafood sold in its stores from sustainable sources by the end of 2013.
- North Atlantic Great White Sharks are Rebounding, but that’s Not the Case for All Species Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Video: Oceana Exposes Illegal Drift Gillnet Use in Italy Posted Mon, July 21, 2014
- Ocean News: June 2014 Marked the Hottest on Record, Microplastics Worse for Crabs than Thought, and More Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Tackling Illegal Fishing in Italy: Behind the Scenes Posted Tue, July 22, 2014
- Chilean Salmon Industry Found to Use Highest Amount of Antibiotics Worldwide Posted Tue, July 22, 2014