From CNN yesterday:
"This (oil disaster) is something that's not going to affect just the Gulf coastal areas," [Jessica Maholm, wife of Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Paul Maholm] said. "It's going to affect the whole country with the seafood, the animals and the ecosystem."
[On Tuesday, Maholm and others from the Baseball Wives Cheritable Foundation toured regions of southern Louisiana affected by the spill.]
- Ocean News: Loggerhead Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends, Global Sea Surface Temperatures at Highest Point, and More Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Photos: Happy Manatee Awareness Month! Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014