From yesterday's Washington Post:
"This economy survives off of seafood and the oil rigs," said Dusty Goforth, 57, of Slidell, La. …"Right now, they've got all of that shut down. It's destroyed the economy down here."
"We go through hurricanes every year. At least a hurricane might wipe out a few things, but at least you can rebuild it. This is gonna be there forever, for years to come." said Louisiana resident Aaron Terrebonne.
- New Shark Repellent May Keep Sharks from Becoming Bycatch Posted Wed, October 22, 2014
- Photos: Three Days Swimming around the Hawaiian Na Pali Coast Posted Fri, October 24, 2014
- CEO Note: Introducing Lars “Lasse” Gustavsson, Oceana in Europe’s New Senior Vice President and Executive Director Posted Tue, October 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Great Barrier Reef Health “Never Been Worse,” Coral Could Be New Substitute for Bone Grafts, and More Posted Thu, October 23, 2014
- Sam Talbot's Fish Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Citrus Crema Posted Fri, October 24, 2014