In the hearing, entitled Marine Wealth: Promoting Conservation and Advancing American Exports, Danson will describe how government subsidies negatively affect the oceans and global seafood market, and he’ll explain why sustainable fishing is necessary to preserve ocean health and jobs.
Danson knows this issue well. He recently traveled to Geneva, Switzerland, twice to meet with ambassadors and delegations to the World Trade Organization as well as Director-General Pascal Lamy. He pressed for a strong outcome in the WTO’s ongoing fisheries subsidies negotiations.
DC Wavemakers, in case you are able to attend, here are the details:
When: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 215
We're sure he will do a bang-up job as usual.
- Creature Feature: Harp Seal Posted Mon, December 2, 2013
- Rashida Jones Talks Up Oceana and Belize on Jimmy Fallon Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Support Renewable Energy - Opinion in Florida's Sun Sentinel Posted Tue, December 3, 2013
- Creature Feature: Clownfish Posted Wed, December 4, 2013
- CEO Note: Conservation Needs Strong International Trade Laws Posted Thu, December 5, 2013