In the hearing, entitled Marine Wealth: Promoting Conservation and Advancing American Exports, Danson will describe how government subsidies negatively affect the oceans and global seafood market, and he’ll explain why sustainable fishing is necessary to preserve ocean health and jobs.
Danson knows this issue well. He recently traveled to Geneva, Switzerland, twice to meet with ambassadors and delegations to the World Trade Organization as well as Director-General Pascal Lamy. He pressed for a strong outcome in the WTO’s ongoing fisheries subsidies negotiations.
DC Wavemakers, in case you are able to attend, here are the details:
When: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Where: Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 215
We're sure he will do a bang-up job as usual.
- Ocean Roundup: Methane Seeping from U.S. Atlantic Seafloor, Iceland’s Caught Scores of Endangered Fin Whales, and More Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014