The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) issued a challenge to the nation’s brightest minds to find a path to clean energy.
Oceana is one of three finalists that could receive $10,000 -- but only if you vote! Public voting ends at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th.
Our proposal, Oceana Vision 2020, aims to eliminate the need for offshore oil drilling and oil imports from the Persian Gulf while moving towards cleaner energy solutions.
Using public and private partnerships like loan guarantees, tax credits, research and development and a host of other initiatives, Oceana’s ultimate vision of eliminating offshore oil drilling and all oil imports would save the American consumer some $374 billion by 2035.
In our vision, some 74% of oil consumption will be curtailed, consumers will save money, more jobs will be created and the worst effects of climate change and ocean acidification can be averted.
We are excited about our cleaner energy plan and believe it will provide a strong direction for achieving energy independence. So check it out, vote, and please help spread the word - we want to share our plan with as many people as possible.
- ICCAT Moves to Properly Manage Bluefin Tuna, but Doesn’t Take Action for Sharks and Swordfish Posted Wed, November 26, 2014
- Creature Feature: Ocean Sunfish Posted Thu, November 20, 2014
- Oceana in Chile Submits Recommendations for Lowering Common Hake Catch Quotas Posted Mon, November 24, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Video: Watch the Incredible Migration of Thousands of Giant Spider Crabs in Australia Posted Mon, November 24, 2014