The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) issued a challenge to the nation’s brightest minds to find a path to clean energy.
Oceana is one of three finalists that could receive $10,000 -- but only if you vote! Public voting ends at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th.
Our proposal, Oceana Vision 2020, aims to eliminate the need for offshore oil drilling and oil imports from the Persian Gulf while moving towards cleaner energy solutions.
Using public and private partnerships like loan guarantees, tax credits, research and development and a host of other initiatives, Oceana’s ultimate vision of eliminating offshore oil drilling and all oil imports would save the American consumer some $374 billion by 2035.
In our vision, some 74% of oil consumption will be curtailed, consumers will save money, more jobs will be created and the worst effects of climate change and ocean acidification can be averted.
We are excited about our cleaner energy plan and believe it will provide a strong direction for achieving energy independence. So check it out, vote, and please help spread the word - we want to share our plan with as many people as possible.
- Graphics: New Oceana Study Finds Shrimp Misrepresented in the U.S. Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Uncovering Shrimp Seafood Fraud: Diaries from the Field, Part One Posted Fri, October 31, 2014
- Celebrate National Seafood Month with This Sustainable Recipe: Diver Scallops Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seagrass Travels via Ocean Currents, Plump Leatherbacks Can Swim More Easily, and More Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Scientists Call for “Bold” Action on Overfishing, Shipping Company Pleads Guilty to 2013 Molasses Spill, and More Posted Mon, October 27, 2014