The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) issued a challenge to the nation’s brightest minds to find a path to clean energy.
Oceana is one of three finalists that could receive $10,000 -- but only if you vote! Public voting ends at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th.
Our proposal, Oceana Vision 2020, aims to eliminate the need for offshore oil drilling and oil imports from the Persian Gulf while moving towards cleaner energy solutions.
Using public and private partnerships like loan guarantees, tax credits, research and development and a host of other initiatives, Oceana’s ultimate vision of eliminating offshore oil drilling and all oil imports would save the American consumer some $374 billion by 2035.
In our vision, some 74% of oil consumption will be curtailed, consumers will save money, more jobs will be created and the worst effects of climate change and ocean acidification can be averted.
We are excited about our cleaner energy plan and believe it will provide a strong direction for achieving energy independence. So check it out, vote, and please help spread the word - we want to share our plan with as many people as possible.
- Hands Across the Sand Posted Wed, April 16, 2014
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- Drill, Spill, Repeat: Shining a Light on the BP Gulf Disaster 4 Years Later Posted Tue, April 15, 2014