The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) issued a challenge to the nation’s brightest minds to find a path to clean energy.
Oceana is one of three finalists that could receive $10,000 -- but only if you vote! Public voting ends at noon tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th.
Our proposal, Oceana Vision 2020, aims to eliminate the need for offshore oil drilling and oil imports from the Persian Gulf while moving towards cleaner energy solutions.
Using public and private partnerships like loan guarantees, tax credits, research and development and a host of other initiatives, Oceana’s ultimate vision of eliminating offshore oil drilling and all oil imports would save the American consumer some $374 billion by 2035.
In our vision, some 74% of oil consumption will be curtailed, consumers will save money, more jobs will be created and the worst effects of climate change and ocean acidification can be averted.
We are excited about our cleaner energy plan and believe it will provide a strong direction for achieving energy independence. So check it out, vote, and please help spread the word - we want to share our plan with as many people as possible.
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013