Oceana’s Gulf of Mexico Expedition launch event, which took place aboard the Oceana Latitude in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday, was a huge success.
The event brought together more than 75 guests, including local politicians, members of the media, scientific community and business leaders. Among the special guests were Spanish model Almudena Fernandez and Fort Lauderdale Mayor John P. “Jack” Seiler (pictured here with Oceana’s Mike Hirshfield).
Stay tuned for more updates from the boat as it heads into the gulf!
- Ocean Roundup: Healthy Corals Mean More Sharks, Extinct Dolphin Found in Peruvian Desert, and More Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Shark-Eating Dinosaur Fossils Discovered, Germany Paving Way for Cheaper Wind Energy, and More Posted Mon, September 15, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: DiCaprio Funds Conservation Across the Entire Eastern Pacific Posted Thu, September 11, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Acidification Masking Shark Smelling Abilities, New Fishery Rule to Protect Endangered Albatross, and More Posted Wed, September 10, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Western Australia Recommended to Halt Shark Cull, Orca Pod Saves Member from Fishing Gear, and More Posted Fri, September 12, 2014