This camouflaged flatfish looks up at an Oceana diver from the sea floor off the coast of Panama City, FL.
Flatfish are an order of fish that, like their name suggests, are relatively flat. Their eyes are on one side of their head, with some species "left facing", some "right facing", and others can face either way.
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles Gain Protection with Swordfish Drift Gillnet Fishery Restriction Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: NC Fishermen Face Tighter Restrictions, Antarctic Fur Seals Hurt by Climate Change, and More Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noise to Coordinate Hatching Posted Mon, July 28, 2014
- Staff Spotlight: Jackie Savitz Posted Mon, July 28, 2014