My other photos of the day have been cool underwater creatures. But today, my focus is something you can see above the waves. This beautiful photo is marred by that pesky oil rig in the distance, otherwise breaking up a fantastic sunset.
It is no surprise that as an ocean conservation group, we are against offshore drilling. Our expedition will continue for several more weeks, looking for how the BP drilling diaster has affected the area. But we are also working to make sure that an event like this never happens again.
Sign the petition to ban offshore drilling.
- Photos: Oceana’s Dusky the Shark Visits Washington, D.C. to Raise Awareness for Dusky Sharks Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Catch Quotas Raised, Kemp’s Ridley Turtles Stranding in High Numbers, and More Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Seals Can Pick up Pings from Acoustic Tags on Fish, Climate Change Making Crabs “Sluggish,” and More Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014