As you know, shark week is about more than just TV shows. It’s about celebrating our elasmobranch friends in all their beauty, mystery and glory. And it’s fun!
Take a bite out of these fun shark activities for all ages on Discovery’s Shark Week website -- and this is just a sampling:
Are you as beautiful as a whale shark, or goofy as a hammerhead ? Find out what kind of shark you are, and check out the many other shark quizzes, too.
Upload a photo of yourself and voila -- become a beautiful, hideous or scary-looking shark. This one is my personal favorite. (Yep, that’s me in the image.)
Watch live shark video from the Georgia Aquarium. Daily events to tune in for include: interactive dive tour at 12:30 p.m. ET, a sand tiger and hammerhead shark feeding at 1:30 p.m. ET, a whale shark feeding at 3:00 p.m. ET and an expert chat at 10:00 p.m. ET.
Put on your virtual scuba suit and find out which sharks prefer splashing in the shallows vs. lurking in the deep.
Check out this interactive map of the current population status of sharks in 18 different regions around the world.
Have fun, and let us know your favorite!
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Disabled Killer Whale Survives with Help from Its Pod Posted Tue, May 21, 2013
- Oceana CEO Andy Sharpless Discusses His New Book, The Perfect Protein Posted Wed, May 22, 2013
- Happy World Turtle Day! Posted Thu, May 23, 2013