For the second year in a row, Oceana is an official partner of Planet Green’s Blue August, which is a month of programming focused on the oceans and water issues.
Here are some of the ocean offerings from Planet Green this month:
- Oceans Blue, which features Philippe Cousteau and a team of underwater explorers, including expedition leader Paul Rose, marine biologist Tooni Mahto and maritime archaeologist Lucy Blue, as they attempt to unravel some of the vast mysteries of the world’s oceans.
- Black Wave: The Legacy of Exxon Valdez follows Rick Ott and the fisherman of Cordova, Alaska as they wage the longest legal battle in U.S. history against Exxon, and as they try to rebuild their lives after the crisis. (Airs Saturday, August 14 at 10/9c.)
- Coastwatch, which follows members of New Zealand’s Ministry of Fisheries as they fight to protect the country’s precious marine ecosystems.
Blue August will also feature the U.S. television premiere of Sharkwater on Saturday, August 21, at 10:00 PM (ET), as well as the network premiere of the Oscar-winning documentary, The Cove, on Monday, August 30, at 9:00 PM (ET).
For a full listing of premiere and encore programming during Blue August visit www.planetgreen.com/blueaugust.
Planet Green is also highlighting our campaign to stop offshore drilling and our ongoing expedition in the Gulf of Mexico. We just surpassed 150,000 signatures on our petition to Stop the Drill -- have you signed yet?
Happy Blue August!
- What Do Historic CO2 Levels Mean for the Oceans? Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- U.S. Coast Guard Captures Illegal Fishermen in Texas Posted Tue, May 14, 2013
- Victory! Delaware Becomes Seventh State in U.S. to Ban Shark Fin Trade! Posted Thu, May 16, 2013
- It's Endangered Species Day! Posted Fri, May 17, 2013
- Stocks Show Signs of Recovery, But Still Work to Do Posted Fri, May 17, 2013