On migratory birds from Tuesday's Chicago Tribune:
"We're pretty worried about the fate of waterfowl, wading birds and shorebirds" that have long wintered in the Gulf's protected marshes, said Tim Yager, manager of the McGregor District of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge.
Yager said there are two concerns -- that remnant oil from the recently capped BP oil spill will coat the birds' feathers or that they will eat fish and other aquatic animals contaminated by oil.
- Oceana's Michael LeVine Testifies Against a Reckless Offshore Oil Bill Posted Wed, June 12, 2013
- Puffins Are Struggling with Warming Waters Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Scottish Government Welcomes New Wind Subsidies! Posted Thu, June 13, 2013
- Oceana Testifies in Support of MA Seafood Labeling Bills Posted Fri, June 14, 2013
- Meet the Faces of the Ocean Hero Junior Awards! Posted Fri, June 14, 2013