On migratory birds from Tuesday's Chicago Tribune:
"We're pretty worried about the fate of waterfowl, wading birds and shorebirds" that have long wintered in the Gulf's protected marshes, said Tim Yager, manager of the McGregor District of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge.
Yager said there are two concerns -- that remnant oil from the recently capped BP oil spill will coat the birds' feathers or that they will eat fish and other aquatic animals contaminated by oil.
- Deceptive Crab Mislabeling Leads Members of Congress to Call for Action Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Ocean News: Blue Whale “Hot Spots” Linked with Busy Shipping Lanes, Massachusetts Bans Shark Fin Trade, and More Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Creature Feature: Caribbean Spiny Lobster Posted Wed, July 30, 2014
- Massachusetts Takes a Step Forward For Sharks Posted Fri, July 25, 2014
- Ocean News: Brazil Bans Catfish Fishery to Protect Pink River Dolphins, Arctic Ice Melt Leading to Large Arctic Waves, and More Posted Thu, July 31, 2014