On migratory birds from Tuesday's Chicago Tribune:
"We're pretty worried about the fate of waterfowl, wading birds and shorebirds" that have long wintered in the Gulf's protected marshes, said Tim Yager, manager of the McGregor District of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge.
Yager said there are two concerns -- that remnant oil from the recently capped BP oil spill will coat the birds' feathers or that they will eat fish and other aquatic animals contaminated by oil.
- Ignoring Climate Change Puts Our Way of Life in Jeopardy Posted Wed, April 9, 2014
- Coast Guard Report Raises More Questions for Shell and Government Posted Wed, April 9, 2014
- A Big Day for Little Fish Posted Fri, April 11, 2014
- Reducing Bycatch Casualties, One Whale at a Time Posted Mon, April 14, 2014
- New York, the New Windy City? Posted Mon, April 14, 2014