A few months ago we asked you to vote for us to win $200,000 in funding from American Express and TakePart. We didn’t win the last round, but fret not, we are still in the running in round three, and we need your votes yet again!
You can cast your vote every week, and this round’s winners will be announced November 29th.
Here’s the deal in case you need a refresher: As a part of a new corporate social responsibility effort from American Express and TakePart, every three months, five charities will be chosen to each receive $200,000 in funding from American Express. Oceana is one of 10 environmental charities that have been chosen to compete for the next round of support.
TakePart.com is the social action network of Participant Media, the social change-oriented media company behind An Inconvenient Truth and Food Inc. After voting, you can connect with other like-minded participants on TakePart and find conservation-related volunteer opportunities in your community.
So cast your vote now and every week!
- Ocean Roundup: Shell Seeks to Extend Arctic Drilling Period, Great Barrier Reef Protection Plan “Inadequate,” and More Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- CEO NOTE: Chilean Oil Spill Harms Local Wildlife, Fishing Communities Posted Thu, October 30, 2014
- Federal Government Takes Steps to Better Monitor Bycatch in Southeast and Gulf Fisheries Posted Mon, October 27, 2014
- Meet the Eerie Stargazer, Wolf-Fish, and Polka Dot Batfish: The Halloween Creature Feature Edition Posted Wed, October 29, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Costa Rica Restricts Industrial Tuna Fishing, West Coast Sea Stars May Be Making a Comeback, and More Posted Fri, October 24, 2014