Oceana board member and actor Ted Danson’s new book, “Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them,” hits the streets today. Here’s Ted on the Today Show this morning talking about the book:
"Oceana" traces Ted’s footsteps in ocean conservation back to his first offshore drilling protest in California, and covers the major issues facing our oceans today: ocean acidification and climate change, irresponsible fishing and the subsidies that fuel it, as well as the most influential ocean scientists and activists that Ted has encountered on his journey with Oceana. The book is also a call to action, and each section includes ways for us to turn things around, both on an individual and a collective level.
To get your copy and find out if Ted is coming to your area, check out http://oceanabook.net.
- Dolphins and Whales Squeal like Children When They’re Happy, Study Says Posted Thu, August 21, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Oceana Magazine: Tuna in Trouble Posted Mon, August 25, 2014