Oceana board member and actor Ted Danson’s new book, “Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them,” hits the streets today. Here’s Ted on the Today Show this morning talking about the book:
"Oceana" traces Ted’s footsteps in ocean conservation back to his first offshore drilling protest in California, and covers the major issues facing our oceans today: ocean acidification and climate change, irresponsible fishing and the subsidies that fuel it, as well as the most influential ocean scientists and activists that Ted has encountered on his journey with Oceana. The book is also a call to action, and each section includes ways for us to turn things around, both on an individual and a collective level.
To get your copy and find out if Ted is coming to your area, check out http://oceanabook.net.
- Video: Drone Captures Amazing Humpback Whale Feeding Event on Camera Posted Thu, December 18, 2014
- Presidential Task Force Releases Bold Recommendations for Tackling Seafood Fraud and Illegal Fishing Posted Tue, December 16, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Recent Baltimore Sun Articles Highlight Issues with Federal Seafood Fraud Enforcement Posted Fri, December 12, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014