Oceana board member and actor Ted Danson’s new book, “Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them,” hits the streets today. Here’s Ted on the Today Show this morning talking about the book:
"Oceana" traces Ted’s footsteps in ocean conservation back to his first offshore drilling protest in California, and covers the major issues facing our oceans today: ocean acidification and climate change, irresponsible fishing and the subsidies that fuel it, as well as the most influential ocean scientists and activists that Ted has encountered on his journey with Oceana. The book is also a call to action, and each section includes ways for us to turn things around, both on an individual and a collective level.
To get your copy and find out if Ted is coming to your area, check out http://oceanabook.net.
- Photos: A Look at Amazing Fall Migrations Underway in the Oceans Right Now Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Tiny Clownfish Can Swim for 250 Miles, Sydney Harbor May Turn Tropical, and More Posted Thu, September 18, 2014
- Congress Advances Legislation to Fight Pirate Fishing, Keep Illegally-Caught Seafood Out of U.S. Market Posted Fri, September 19, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Captures First-Ever Images of Seamounts North of Canary Islands Posted Mon, September 22, 2014
- Photos: Oceana Launches Expedition to El Hierro Island and Atlantic Seamounts Posted Thu, September 18, 2014