Oceana board member and actor Ted Danson’s new book, “Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them,” hits the streets today. Here’s Ted on the Today Show this morning talking about the book:
"Oceana" traces Ted’s footsteps in ocean conservation back to his first offshore drilling protest in California, and covers the major issues facing our oceans today: ocean acidification and climate change, irresponsible fishing and the subsidies that fuel it, as well as the most influential ocean scientists and activists that Ted has encountered on his journey with Oceana. The book is also a call to action, and each section includes ways for us to turn things around, both on an individual and a collective level.
To get your copy and find out if Ted is coming to your area, check out http://oceanabook.net.
- Ocean Roundup: Fiddler Crabs Found Far North of Their Range, 500 Dead Sea Lions Discovered in Peru, and More Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- CEO Note: Proposed Puerto Azul Project Puts Belize’s Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Great Blue Hole at Risk Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Sea Turtles Can Get the Bends after Capture in Fishing Gear, Says New Study Posted Tue, November 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: North Atlantic Right Whales Calving in Southeast, New Shark Repellent Tested in South Africa, and More Posted Thu, November 20, 2014