It’s that time again: we are looking for ocean heroes, and we need your help. Nominations for our third annual Ocean Heroes Contest begin today, so think of the person you know doing the most for the oceans -- and maybe it’s yourself! -- and send us the deets.
Here’s how: To nominate someone, just visit www.oceana.org/heroes and complete the form. Past nominees have included educators, scientists, fundraisers, activists, and that’s just a start. And like last year, we have two categories: Adult and Junior (18 years old or younger).
This year’s Ocean Heroes will receive, in addition to a heap of praise and good ocean karma, a $500 gift card from Nautica and a pair of Revo Sunglasses. All finalists will receive a $100 Nautica gift card.
We can’t wait to see all the great nominations come rolling in!
- Ocean News: Great Barrier Reef Will be “Pretty Ugly” by 2050, Sea Turtle Nests Down in South Carolina, and More Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Eleven Florida Lawmakers Urge President Obama to Reconsider Approval for Seismic Airgun Testing Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Ocean News: U.S. to Auction Off New Jersey Area for Offshore Wind, Baby Sea Turtles Found to Make Noises, and More Posted Fri, July 18, 2014
- Video: Spangled Emperor Fish Dazzle the Great Barrier Reef Posted Wed, July 23, 2014
- Marine Mammal Unusual Mortality Events Get the Spotlight on Capitol Hill Posted Fri, July 18, 2014