It’s that time again: we are looking for ocean heroes, and we need your help. Nominations for our third annual Ocean Heroes Contest begin today, so think of the person you know doing the most for the oceans -- and maybe it’s yourself! -- and send us the deets.
Here’s how: To nominate someone, just visit www.oceana.org/heroes and complete the form. Past nominees have included educators, scientists, fundraisers, activists, and that’s just a start. And like last year, we have two categories: Adult and Junior (18 years old or younger).
This year’s Ocean Heroes will receive, in addition to a heap of praise and good ocean karma, a $500 gift card from Nautica and a pair of Revo Sunglasses. All finalists will receive a $100 Nautica gift card.
We can’t wait to see all the great nominations come rolling in!
- Global Issue of Marine Plastics is Gathering Significant Media Attention Posted Mon, July 7, 2014
- Photos: OSPAR Protects 16 Species and Habitat in the Northeast Atlantic Posted Fri, July 11, 2014
- Ocean News: Nicaragua Approves Massive Shipping Canal, Walking Fish Make Annual Appearance, and More Posted Tue, July 8, 2014
- Video: Exploring Vampire Squid, Corals, and Siphonophores in the Gulf of Mexico Posted Fri, July 11, 2014
- Video: Disco Clam Lights up the Sea Floor Posted Tue, July 8, 2014